Sunday 4 June 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 281 and 282 - results

Hello again! Time for the fortnightly round up of  the Playground which includes our latest Guest Designer, some 'picks' of the fortnight and of course the prize draw.

As this publishes I should be playing at my old School Reunion in Stratford Upon Avon - not sure about dancing on the tables this time though! Len and Parsnip are 'home alone' and probably having a great time without me :)

We have another Guest Designer this fortnight, and it's Megan of 'My Merry Card Corner'. We have not one, but two, snippets cards from her:

Wow - two really gorgeous cards from Megan - and showing some great ways to use up snippets of course! Love the fresh look of these cards, perfectly designed and made and the colours are so lovely. Aren't the dies stunning as well - just read what Megan has to say about the cards and the dies below:

I have been trying to have a clean up of my desk and make use of the large volume of snippety bits currently holding a take over bid of my desk top, I found this strip of paper and decided to make two cards to use it up, I dug around in my box of snippets for some co-ordinating card to layer the bits on and came up with these two designs, I have also been trying out some of the super cheap dies I have bought online from China and I will not be accepting any responsibility for enabling any of you!!!! 

Something Megan says that's so true - snippets do make a bid to take over the place! 

Megan is a much more elusive creature than many of you are - despite really searching I can't find much out about her ..... so she shall remain a 'lady of mystery'. I do know that she's been blogging since January 2015, has quite a few wins for her designs, lives in Australia - and that's about it! No profile photo either. But, she's one very talented lady and I do think you should hop over to her blog for a closer look - and perhaps add yourself as a follower at the same time?

Let's move onto my picks from this past fortnight - tough call as always! I say that every fortnight and it's so, so true! To be honest, each one of this fortnight's picks is worthy of a Gold Star, so ladies do feel free to pick up your badge from the RH sidebar!

 
Vinita made this fabulous Mothers Day card - as I said on her blog, it's jaw-droppingly gorgeous! What a wonderful Mothers Day card - and so much fabulous detail as well. The huge pink rose she made for the front is stunning - and there's lots of detail about the whole process over on Vinita's blog too.
Diane H made this marvellous window scene - if you look closely there's even a little cat peeping out of the window! So cute and I do like the modern feel of this card.

And finally, Sonia made this stunning garden shed! Again. she has loads of information about the process over on her blog - the attention to detail is utterly amazing isn't it! I squealed at the darling little hedgies of course :)

That's my three picks - I do hope they will inspire you as well girls. They're extremely detailed pieces of work, that's the 'theme' I homed in on this fortnight. Of course we had loads of fabulous ways to use up snippets, so I do recommend that you grab a cup of coffee and spend some time visiting blogs - the thumbnails with links are always there for you to look back over.

59 of you joined in this past fortnight - with one new Playmate:
What a fabulous card, made by Claire of 'String Bows'.

Welcome to the Snippets Playground and I do hope you return to play again soon.

Prize draw time now and our winner of the MFT 'Chevron Edger' pair of dies and a set of Waffle Flower 'Flora Cat' stamps is:
April
 
Well done April - can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post your prize off as soon as possible once I return from my 'jollies'! As you're such a cat lover I think you'll be extra pleased with Mr Random! My email address is on the right hand side bar.

Keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember! And the prize is a W Plus 9 'Doodle Buds' stamps set and the Avery Elle 'Postage Elle-Ments' die set.

Love from the little white peril - and of course from me too





27 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the GD Megan for her two beautiful cards and also to April for her win this time. I love your wonderful picks too, really complex and clever designs. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards from the very talented Megan and very deserving featured Playmates! Hope you are having a ball at the reunion, Di!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Megan, her cards are really lovely!
    Amazing picks of the week, so inspiring, and congrats to April!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness all those cards - so much work and love has gone into them. Great choices. As someone who loves CAS, I forget that with time and effort and some style, fussy can look amazing too! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picks were well chosen this week - like the 'theme' choosing cards with so much detail and so many snippets. Enjoy your 'jolly'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Di! What a lovely surprise - and yes, as you say the perfect prize for a cat lady. I felt it was a good omen when Spot pulled the curtains down again this week :-) Stunning picks too, with amazing details! Hugs to you and Parsnip Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations April enjoy your win and wow......beautiful selection of creations congrats to you all ....lol l expect they will be missing you too take care x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, winner. And those Top picks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan's cards are so pretty. I love that paper and both designs are great. Your picks this week are really fantastic. Lots of details and beautiful flowers on all three. Claire's card is wonderful and I'm glad she came.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics, so many pretty flowers around...my faves! Well done to the winner and thank to Claire for her lovely GD card. I hope you are behaving and having fun Miss Di. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. In my excitement I forgot to say how lovely Megan's cards are!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Megand as GD, the picks are awesome with so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Miss Di and the lovely Parsnip.
    Congrats to Megan on her GD and the featured cards and congrats to the winner.
    Megan's cards are brilliant and wonderfully created with super snippets.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Megan as the Guest Designer and what beautiful snippet cards she's made! Love the picks this fortnight, brilliant use of snippets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good choice having Megan as GDT, she makes some lovely card and these are no exception.
    Some absolutely super picks this week, congratulations to you all.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratz to all and the brilliant use of snippets, beautiful little works of art x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both of Megan's snippet cards.

    Congrats to April on her win.

    Waving hello to the new girl!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to Megan on her GD spot with those 2 fabulous snippets makes and especially the first design. A big hi to Claire and what a super card she made - love those colours. Congrats too to April on her win and the other top picks xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what amazing picks Di!!! I don't know how you are able to pick but you do a great job with it!! I can't believe how detailed each of these projects are and I just adore Megan's cards. Now I'm off to go to some of these blogs! Hope you are having a fabulous time at your school reunion Di!!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning picks, Di. Hope you're enjoying your break and not getting up to too much trouble!
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats, April!

    So glad Megan was the guest designer, I have enjoyed her blog very much! The top picks are all very beautiful and even complex, I must say! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! So many gorgeous pick Di! And I can see mine too! Thank u soooo much for the shout out! Love the Megan's snippet creations, both are pretty! Congrats to April!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for choosing my card, a very pleasant surprise...all the picks were fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great selection of snipers cards this week! Congratulations to Megan and April :-)
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi sorry for the late reply, difficult time Mums in hospital again. But want to say what a lovely selection of cards today. Well done to all the winners and newbies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much Di ...what an honor. Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.